Saturday, March 21, 2009

Big Envelopes

Yep - all three schools accepted her. Now we just have to choose...

It's been so much like IVF that I can't help the comparisons. You do what you can, cast your luck out to the discretion of whatever kind of fate you believe in, and hope for the best. And, too often, there is nothing but disappointment and bad news at the end.

I guess I really needed this more than I thought. It's just affirmation that the process of working towards something and being as prepared as possible and knowing that all the variables are covered actually can amount to a positive outcome. Somehow, infertility has undermined my confidence that things can actually work out well. Not a good mindset, even if it does protect you from Too Much Hope Syndrome.

5 comments:

Lost in Space said...

What great news! Congrats to you both!

Midlife Mommy said...

It's always better to have more choices than less. Nice work! I try to segregate the infertility junk from everything else, lest I lose sight of all the good things, though obviously I'm not always successful.

Paula Keller said...

"Somehow, infertility has undermined my confidence that things can actually work out well."

Me too. Usually I think if I just try really hard, that I can get what I want. Not so much with now.

Congrats on the acceptances! It's great to have a choice!

Josée Martens said...

Your comment was hysterical! Husbands breastfeeding would be great. But then you'd have to be on them about what they ate. LOL.

I'd vote for my husband having the uterus and ovaries right now actually.

Kami said...

It's nice to feel like there is SOMETHING you can influence and, dare I say, even control.

Nice to have a choice on top of it all.