Monday, November 10, 2008

65

The clinic coordinator called me this afternoon to find out where I had gone for the draw. They had ordered it stat, which is supposed to mean they get the results in 3-4 hours, but they hadn't heard anything. Somehow, she tracked down the paperwork and called me back this evening to let me know that first number.

65 at 9dp5dt is not bad - not as bad as I feared. It just goes to show that you can't play lab director in your own bathroom with any degree of certainty. I was prepared for a low number along with cautionary advice about falling betas, etc. I'm still giving myself all kinds of cautionary advice, because I've been in this exact same position before - normal beta, good doubling, nausea, etc. - and then the first US showed a slow heartbeat and it was all just a matter of time after that.

I know better than to get any kind of hope up at all (but thanks for the capital H, Shelby!) at this point. I'm not even nervous for Wednesday. I'm kind of in shock that any part of this has appeared to have worked at all. Isn't it funny how it's hard to just be happy for something that you really want if you think you might not actually get it?

5 comments:

Nikki said...

I can't tell you how many times I've come back to see if you've updated your blog with the beta!!!

Congratulations - OH MY GOD - I am so happy! Doubling vibes for Wednesday - fingers crossed for you!!

Shelby said...

Woo to the hoo! That is a perfectly fabulous beta. Here's to some lovely doubling, but I totally get the cautious optimism. I wish a healthy and happy pregnancy/baby for you!

Sky said...

That is SUCH AWESOME NEWS! Wow! I'm thrilled for you and even though I understand you being causiously optimistic, I am totally over-the-top happy for you! WOO HOO!

Bad Egg said...

Oooooh, good news! Cautiously optimistic for you, hope the numbers keep doing what they should and everything goes well.

Midlife Mommy said...

Wonderful news! I still have everything crossed for you.