Saturday, November 8, 2008

Top Ten Reasons and Excuses

1. Technically, the test was expired. Although only by two months. But maybe those tests are really sensitive to being old? But probably not.

2. 7dp5dt is really early. But not unthinkably early. But early.

3. I have had negative tests with actual pregnancies before.

4. Yeah, but those pregnancies didn't turn out so well...

5. It's too early.

6. It's better not to get any hopes up. All pregnancy symptoms are just the side effects of the PIO. Hope is that thing with 1 1/2 needles poking you in the hip every night.

7. Don't test tomorrow - it's just a waste of money. The lab work has to be done anyway.

8. Maybe tomorrow there will be a faint faint line? It would be so nice to have some kind of idea before going in for the lab work. Although even if it is negative I'll still hope that the blood test is positive, so maybe it doesn't matter...

9. It is what it is - testing doesn't make any difference.

10. I shouldn't have tested.

5 comments:

Nikki said...

Oh Lorraine - I hope the test was expired and the result was wrong. Keeping my fingers crossed for you...

Shelby said...

I also very much hope the test was wrong. It's not unheard of to get a false negative, in fact, I've gotten one as well, so just keep that in mind. It ain't over till it's over. :) Best wishes...

Lost in Space said...

I'm holding out lots of hope for you, especially with that test being old and expired. Hang in there, friend. It is still early.

Midlife Mommy said...

I too am hopelessly drawn to the sticks.

Hugs. I'm still hoping for double lines for you.

Bad Egg said...

This waiting and wondering part sucks. I hate it for you. Don't dwell too much on the test, we all know how variable they can be. Fingers crossed that we hear better news soon.