Saturday, November 1, 2008
And Then There Were Three
For some reason I only have a photo of two of them. There was a certain amount of hemming and hawing about how many to transfer. It seemed obvious to me - the 7-cell had stopped growing yesterday, so we were left with three. The day-3 10-cells had become compacted blasts, one of them being a quite nice grade 2 and the other a slightly raggedy grade 3. The day-3 8-cell was still a morula (day-4 stage) but looked good enough to be graded a 2. So, the good blast was a shoo-in, but it was impossible to decide which of the others might have a better chance. I really didn't want a single frozen blast left for a FET, so we decided to go for all of them.
This really barely raises my chance of multiples - maybe by 1% - but it does increase the chance of pregnancy by 10%. Seems like a no-brainer, really. We had the requisite discussion about selective reduction, and apparently I gave the reasonable answer and that was that. Now, I know that stranger things have happened, etc. etc., but after everything we have gone through to even get to this point I just have to plan to cross all other bridges when (if) I come to them.
I have my lab request for two betas, 11/10 and 11/12. In the meantime, PIO at least until the first ultrasound (if, of course) and then maybe onto Claudia's secret sub-Q progesterone. Plus, I get to add an estradiol suppository starting tomorrow. Other than that, time will tell. It's going to be a long 2WW, even if it is only eleven days.